Sunday, December 16, 2012

Little Drummer Boy!

I didn't get much thrifting in this week but I did manage to get out once this week. The shelves were stocked with Christmas decor some vintage but mostly newer dollar store crap items. I scanned the shelves from top to bottom and there tucked on the bottom shelf behind some christmas lights I spotted this box...A made in Taiwan Woolcrest Santa Claus Drummer. I quickly opened the box to see what was inside. Sure enough there was Santa Claus in a red and white fun fur suit holding a drum and cymbals set. 

Woolcrest Santa Claus Drummer originally priced at $14.97. I paid $2.99 from SA.



He has a very mischievous expression ~ don't ya think?




"He shakes, he walks, he beats his drum, and he bangs his cymbals!" Unfortunately he does none of the above...when I put batteries in him he only plays off beat and twangy Christmas carols.

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

I set up him under my mid-century aluminum Christmas tree with my newly acquired 1960s Ding Dong Express train I scored for 99 cents.

Did you find the thrifts full of vintage Christmas cheer this week? 

Linking up with Sir Thrift A Lot for Thriftasaurus and A Living Space for Nifty Thrifty.



Until we thrift again...
AJ

2 comments:

  1. Love that Santa!! That's a great find! I was at VV today, I couldn't believe how bare of Christmas it was, other years there seemed to be lots, there wasn't even much junky Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love vintage Christmas anything...and I'm super envious of your aluminum tree! :)

    ReplyDelete