Friday, November 2, 2012

Denim Days



I love kids vintage denim! Haakon has been wearing vintage denim since he was a baby. This photo was taken when he was 6 months old.

                    
 Over the past couple of years I have managed to find a few pairs at thrift stores and army surplus stores. Last week I was lucky enough to find a vintage kids Levi's jacket and matching pants from the Goodwill for $2! The jacket is stamped made in the U.S.A. It's a little short in the arms and legs but he was a good sport to model it for me! 

I guess I will have to wait a couple of years until it will fit Elsa.
A polyester turtleneck would have completed the look!



Circa 1970 I mean 2011

 
    
The vintage Lees and psychedelic top are dead-stock from an Army Navy Surplus store in downtown Tampa, Florida. This place was jam packed with vintage military gear, new old stock of clothes and shoes. I wish I took some photos of the inside because it was like walking into a time warp! 

I spotted these hilarious unisex "Casual Slacks" by Darren Stewart at Sally Ann last week. These dead-stock flares were a mere $3! 
I left them on the rack.


Can you believe the label says "Fun Flairs for Swingers!" 


I also picked up this vintage Pendleton wool flannel shirt for RJ for $3. 
Sally Ann was having a 50% off clothing sale.   



I'm linking up with The Thrifty Groove - Thrifty Things Friday!


Until we thrift again...

AJ

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome vintage denim finds! And great prices. The model is pretty darn cute too! Thank you for linking up with TTF. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete