Monday, February 25, 2013

The best kind of Pyrex...

is gifted!! Last Friday I ventured across the border (the Quebec border that is) and visited with a friend who has an extensive Pyrex and Catherine Holm collection. She wanted to thin out some of her Pyrex and she knows I'm starting to collect so she offered a few of her doubles to ME! Next time I'll post some photos of her collection it's amazing.



A set of Verde fridgies!! with lids of course.


A Horizon Blue Cinderella nesting casserole dish. This is one of my favourite Pyrex patterns.


A Forest Fancies Mushroom Cinderella nesting bowl.




A Woodland brown Cinderella casserole dish with lid. This is not my favourite pattern but I was happy to have it!




Two Butterfly Gold Cinderella nesting bowls. I already have the larger one but this one is in much better condition.

We also managed to visit a few "Comptoir Familial" 
but only I only came home with a couple of things 
which I'll post later.

It's so nice to have friends that want to support your habit hobby! 

Linking up to Thrift Share Monday, Thriftasaurus, and The Nifty Thrifty.


Until we thrift again...
AJ

12 comments:

  1. Great gift!

    Butterfly Gold is one of the most common patterns I see around here, but you know, I have never once seen the above variation of the pattern in the wild. I found out about the difference just before Christmas, never noticed it before & I'll be damned if I walk into my one aunts kitchen (after walking into my other aunts kitchen who was using Friendship & Butterprint) & she had the ones above!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I didn't even notice that the foral pattern is different from my previous bowl. Thanks for pointing that out...here I thought I had two of the same bowls.

      Delete
  2. I have a lot of patterns but not one piece of Blue Horizon!

    You must have been happy on the drive home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my second piece of Blue Horizon. Absolutely love this pattern. Now if only I could get my hands on Friendship!

      Delete
  3. Very nice finds, especially the set with the lids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so nice so get a few pieces that came with lids.

      Delete
  4. FREE Pyrex is the best Pyrex:-) What a thoughtful friend. She is definitely a keeper!

    I love the Horizon Blue. It is one of my favorite patterns too.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very generous and strongly believes in giving Pyrex to people who truly appreciate it for it's beauty and functionality!

      Delete
  5. Thinning out her Pyrex? I didn't know people did that - lol! That Horizon Blue is gorgeous. I've never seen one of them in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know I was really surprised that she was willing to part with some it. This is my second piece of Horizon Blue.

      Delete
  6. Pyrex what can I say you got my attention you have some great pieces. Your friend who gave you some of her doubles is a good friend.

    ReplyDelete