Several years ago my aunt divided up all the lace doilies my grandma made amongst all the grandkids. I knew I wasn't going to be putting these on my dresser so I tucked them away for safe keeping. I just recently rediscovered them and wanted to transform them into something I might actually display. I decided I was going to sew them into a Valentine's Day bunting but first I wanted to update them by dying them in valentine's colours.
I purchased this Tie-Dye set from JoAnn's this fall on clearance.
I just followed the instructions but left them overnight to ensure I got intense colour.
I rinsed them out several times and left them to air dry.
I just love how they turned out!
Lastly I cut them in half and sewed them using double folded bias tape and some ric-rack trim.
I displayed my newly reinvented doily bunting on my black and white art wall.