Tuesday, January 22, 2013

May the force be with you on Valentine's Day!


As you may know from previous posts Haakon is a huge Star Wars fan so it wasn't any surprise this year's Valentines were going to be Star Wars themed. I searched on Pinterest to find some inspiration and found this idea from Stitch/CraftCreations blog. 
This idea was prefect since H's school doesn't allow any food or candy to be passed out.

I headed to my local Dollar Tree and picked up 2 packages of glow sticks to use as light sabers now all I needed was the Jedi robe I sewed for his 5th birthday party and a toy light sabre to complete the look. I used his Star Wars Pottery Barn sheets as a back drop for the photo shoot.


Dollar Tree Glow Sticks



I headed to my local photo shop where I added the text and printed the photos in 4X6 size. The whole project cost about $5! This evening Haakon addressed all his Valentines and I carefully inserted all the glow sticks by cutting a slit in the photo (only snapped 2!). Pretty cool Valentines for a pretty cool kid!



Do you send out Valentine's? If so, are they home made or store bought?

I'm linking up with Craft-O-Manic Monday!

Until we thrift again...
AJ

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I purchased the same glow sticks from the new neighborhood dollar tree, they are a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a COOL idea!!! Seriously!

    PS- I wanted to say thank you for joining in my first link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinetrest is just full of neat ideas! Thanks again for inviting me to your Linky party!

      Delete
  3. That is so cool! We got the 6 Star Wars movies for my son for Christmas and he loves them. We're going to watch the final one (number 3 of the prequels) tonight. I have to say that I love the very first one that they made the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I agree the first Star Wars movie was best!

      Delete