Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day~ A little eco-crafting for Space!

Happy Earth Day! Since my blog is dedicated to all things fabulous and thrifty it's only fitting that I share with you some eco-crafting.


It all began with a sketch and some materials from our recycle bin! My niece made this rocket ship for the TVO kids build a rocket ship contest in honour of Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield. Haakon loves a crafty challenge so he decided he too would build his own rocket ship.


We gathered an array of recyclables! 



This is the sketch Haakon drew prior to construction. After viewing some rocket ships online he felt he needed to change his original wing design.

Haakon's school is participating in Music Monday on May 6th where they will be singing this year's theme song called 
“ISS – Is Somebody Singing" a collaboration by Chris Hadfield and Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies.



How are you celebrating Earth Day? I like to do my part so I may just have to do a little thrifting!

Until we thrift again...


AJ



2 comments:

  1. We will have to get the kids to sing it together over Skype now that they both know the words! Happy Earth Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY !!! I love that video with Chris Hadfield and Ed Robertson! (Monica)

    ReplyDelete