Monday, January 28, 2013

Thrifty BE MINE bunting


For almost every holiday I display a bunting so I was looking for a quick and easy bunting to make for Valentine's Day. I found this Patriotic Bunting from A Bit of Sunshine and decided to use pink and red paint chips to spell out "Be Mine".  


Went to my local Home Depot and picked up several of these Behr paint chip cards. For free... of course:) I love the that they come in such a range of pink hues.
The font is called Oklahoma in size 400. You'll have to excuse the faded black letters...my printer is very low on toner!
Trace your letters on the back of the paint chip card making sure that the letters are reversed. 
Punch two holes in the top of each letter. On Friday I bought this mini hole punch from Michaels (50% off! plus an extra 15% teacher's discount!) String your letters with some embroidery floss or Baker's twine. I hear Target has some really sweet Valentine's Day Baker's twine in the Dollar Spot section.

Did you notice my sweet little girl planter? I picked her up from Salvation Army on Friday for $1.99! She's made in Japan.


How do you decorate for Valentine's Day?

Linking up to Craft-O-Maniac Monday and Make it Pretty Monday.

Until we thrift again...
AJ


5 comments:

  1. That is super clever! I wish I were craftier and more patient with scissors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. You have no idea how many paint chip cards I have. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops that was me. I was logged into my other Google account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please come by and show her off at my link up! :) The Be Mine banner is super pretty! Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete