Friday, August 9, 2013

Let's go thrifting #4: Webster's Flea Market


We have just returned from a month long vacation in Florida. My family has a place just outside Tampa, FL so every summer we pack up the kids and head south for a month of sun, beach and extreme HOT, humid weather! I really wanted to go to some flea markets so I did some research and found the oldest flea market in Florida which is located in a small town called Webster. It took us about an 1 1/2 hours to drive there. We got there shortly after 8am as I read vendors usually pack up around 11am since it gets too hot to stay much past noon. There is an East and West side to the Flea Market. We stayed on the Westside where it was mostly antiques and vintage items. Here are some the cool things we spotted...

 

Great signs!


I bought this set of 6 Dorothy Thorpe Jungle glasses for $4.


I really wanted to buy this Hazel Atlas Ranger Joe ranch mug but I thought $12 was too much.



Love this Georges Briard Glass Square Strawberry Platter but for $58 it didn't come home with me.


Very cute vintage juice pitchers.


Cool vintage tobacco tins.


No Florida Flea is complete without some vintage Mickey!


Isn't this wooden Locking Barn sweet...

 

Many vendors were selling a lot of cast iron figurines. RJ picked up the cast iron Popeye penny bank for $15.


These Lefton medic mice were a couple of dollars but a little too chippy for me!

You are probably wondering what else I bought...well here is what came home with me.


A 1978 McDonald's Garfield mug, a 1964 Walt Disney's Mary Poppins; A Big Golden Book and my most favourite find is Poochy the Christmas Pup Pop-Up book all for a $1.



Of course I needed to pick up some vintage Pyrex and Fire King! I'm trying to complete my Butterprint collection so when I spotted this pair of turquoise and white Butterprint casserole dishes with the clear glass lids they most definitely needed to come home with me! I also picked up this pair of yellow Pyrex pixie dishes for $4 and a Fire King opal splash proof bowl for $5.

If you every are in the Orlando or Tampa area you should definitely make the trip to Webster's Flea Market. It's only open on Monday's and is well worth it. Summers are their slow season so we are hoping to go in December when there are more vendors who travel from all over the US and Canada.


Linking up to Sir Thrift A Lot's Thriftasaurus 

Until we thrift again...


AJ

5 comments:

  1. What a cool flea!!! I will have to remember this one when we are down in the spring! I love your finds and wish that I had some of those tobacco tins! So very cool! And how wonderful to take off for a month!!! Hope you all had a wonderful vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that Mary Poppins book and I would still have it except I gave all my books away to some kids I was babysitting, why Mom let me do that, I don't know!! I remember getting it for Christmas!

    I have the little cherry ball jug!

    Are you near to completing your Butterprint collection?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw that first pic I KNEW I was looking at quintessential Florida hunting :) Love the photos, I always leave a lot behind, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you picked really cute things! I've never seen "Poochy the X-Mas Pup" before! I'm still working on my Butterprint set too. Just one more bowl, and it's the last piece of PYREX that I want!
    Well...you know how that goes. lol
    Great finds-
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really got some great things. I was shocked at some of the prices the vendors were asking (we have the same problem at the Flea Markets here) but you thrifty! Well done! (Rob)

    ReplyDelete